Your teeth are covered with a fine layer of durable material called tooth enamel. Bad bacteria have a fine layer of its own it can create in your mouth called plaque. Within plaque, bacteria can use sugars from foods you eat to create harmful acids that can eat through our tooth enamel and cause cavities. Don’t let cavities destroy your mouth. Your teeth are precious, so protect them daily with these helpful hints:
– Visit Wendy Quiroz, DDS during your scheduled visits for oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Floss your teeth at least once per day with high quality dental floss or a dental flossing product.
– Studies have shown that chewing sugarless gum after eating can help protect your teeth against cavities.
– Eat healthy and safe foods, and avoid snacking between meals.
– Try to avoid any types of treats and candies that are high in sugar and difficult to clean from your teeth and gums.
– Try to implement additional daily oral health care habits into your routine, such as using mouthwash and wearing safety equipment.
– Always brush your teeth two times a day with ADA-approved toothpaste, and use a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
If you are looking to enhance or upgrade your smile, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Wendy Quiroz at our office in Clovis, California. We can be reached via phone at 559-299-9211. We strive to give you the shine and color your teeth deserve.