Are you keeping your teeth and smile safe this summer? If not, then it’s time to get a professional mouthguard! Having a mouthguard is vital to protect your teeth should an accident occur while you are enjoying your summertime fun. That is why if you don’t have a mouthguard, it’s time to consider one.
Our dentist, Dr. Wendy Quiroz, hopes you keep your teeth safe as you enjoy your favorite activities. Furthermore, if you are in need of a mouthguard and would like to know more about their benefits, our team here at Wendy Quiroz, DDS in Clovis, California, is thrilled to share some information on them.
Here are a few facts on mouthguards:
– Boil and bite mouthguards and stock mouthguards both can be picked up online or at the store but are not individually made to fit your teeth resulting in extra bulk or movement.
– Mouthguards can protect your teeth from severe damage and is required in many sports for your smile’s safety in case of a bad fall or sudden injury.
– If your mouthguard shows signs of damage or doesn’t fit anymore, be sure to talk to your dentist to get a new one as soon as possible.
– There are three types of mouthguards: boil and bite guards, custom-made mouthguards, and stock mouthguards.
– Custom-made mouthguards are for your personal alignment, so you know you will have a secure fit and not have to worry about it on the field.
– Make sure you care for your mouthguard and clean it after every use and keep it dry to avoid distorting in the water or sunshine.
– Teens and children need to change out mouthguards often because their teeth and alignment are still changing as they grow into adulthood.
If you have questions about mouthguards or your oral health, please call us today at 559-299-9211 to set up an appointment with a member of our friendly team. We are always happy to greet you and help you in any way we can.