One of the most effective dental care habits is flossing your teeth before or after brushing your teeth. It’s important that you take time to floss every day to remove food particles that have become trapped in hard-to-reach areas of your smile that are inaccessible to a toothbrush, resulting in a more thorough cleaning.
Our dentists and dental team offer the following flossing tips to help you achieve a healthier grin with dental floss:
– Use up-and-down motions to move the floss string gently between the teeth. Be careful no to press down on the gum line and cause damage.
– Extract a piece of dental floss string about 18 inches in length and wind its ends around your fingers so that you can floss each tooth with a different section of floss to avoid spreading plaque between teeth.
– In addition to flossing between each tooth, remember to clean behind the back teeth.
– At least once a day, include flossing in your oral care routine to maintain a regular habit.
– When choosing a dental floss or flossing tool, look for the Seal of Acceptance from the ADA or speak with our dentists.
If you would like further insight into proper flossing habits in Clovis, California, please feel free to contact our office at 559-299-9211 and schedule a time to meet with Dr. Klassen and Quiroz.