Are dental sealants necessary for safe smiles? Although effective brushing and flossing routines are vital for a healthy smile, dental sealants can be used as an additional layer of protection for your teeth. Not only are they extremely beneficial in fighting against cavities, but they remain clear on your teeth to help keep your natural smile beautiful. Listed below are a few common facts about dental sealants:
– Dental sealants are effective at all ages and can be safely placed in children when their first molars grow in. This typically occurs when they are roughly six years of age.
– Dental sealants consist of a special gel that is applied to your teeth and naturally hardened using a specialized light source. They are both safe and extremely effective in providing an additional layer of your teeth atop of your tooth enamel.
– Dental sealants have been shown to lower the risk of tooth decay by 80%.
– Children with dental sealants are three times less likely to develop cavities.
– Dental sealants are extremely durable and can easily last over a decade of heavy use.
To prevent cavities, make sure you are following the aforementioned treatment techniques for a healthy smile that can last a lifetime. If you would like Dr. Kenneth Klassen and our team at Kenneth Klassen, D.D.S. to bring you in for an oral exam or dental sealants, please contact our dentist office in Clovis, California, by calling us at 559-299-9211. Have a fantastic day!