If you have any teeth that have been damaged in an oral accident or have suffered wear-and-tear over a lifetime of use, a dental crown can be used to restore its look, function, and provide longevity for many years to come. When a dental crown is placed over a damaged tooth or implant, it will act as a buffer that will also prevent further damage from occurring.
Fix oral abnormalities with dental crowns and the following benefits they can provide:
– Dental crowns can protect weak, damaged, and decayed teeth from further harm.
– Broken teeth that are cracked and fractured can be held together with dental crowns.
– If you have a dental filling when there is not enough tooth left or the remaining tooth is not strong enough to support the filling, dental crowns can be used to cover the remaining tooth for support.
– Dental crowns can be used to hold, protect, or cover other cosmetic dentistry services such as dental bridges, dental implants, and root canals.
– In some cases, dental crowns can be used when the damage to a tooth is so severe that other cosmetic modifications such as veneers are just not possible.
– It is plausible that with ideal care and support, a dental crown can last a lifetime, but on average they will remain strong for at least ten to twenty years.
If you would like to visit our dentist office in Clovis, California, for a dental exam, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Kenneth Klassen and our team at Kenneth Klassen, D.D.S. by calling us at 559-299-9211, and speaking with a member of our team. Let us help you get a whiter, brighter smile today!